Undergraduate Integrated Studies Interview/Audition Requirements
Applicants will be contacted ONLY if more information is needed and an Interview/Audition will be required. (An Interview/Audition is not always required for admittance. Therefore, not all applicants will be contacted.)
Applicants who are REQUIRED to attend an Interview/Audition will be contacted by December 14, 2017. A fee of $70.00 will be required to schedule an appointment.
If an INTERVIEW/AUDITION is REQUIRED
Interview/Audition Appointment Scheduling
● Schedule the IN-PERSON Interview/Audition, if required.
- If an Interview/Audition is required, applicants will schedule an Interview/Audition Appointment online through their Acceptd account..
- A fee of $70.00 will be required to schedule an Interview/Audition appointment.
- WE DO NOT ALLOW SKYPE INTERVIEW/AUDITIONS.
Interview/Audition Day Requirements
On the day of your appointment, there will be two parts to the Integrated Studies Interview/Audition:
1. Information Session
The total time you need to be present for your Interview/Audition appointment is between 3-5 hours.
1. INFORMATION SESSION FOR APPLICANTS AND PARENTS
A one-hour Information Session will be held for applicants and parents during the scheduled Interview/Audition period. You do NOT need to schedule additional time for the Information Session. At the Information Session you will learn about the UCLA Theater department, as well as our undergraduate curriculum. You will also have a chance to ask any questions you may have about the theater program. Parents are excused after the Information Session is over.
There will be a short interview during which you will discuss your goals and aspirations for studying theater in a university setting.
Integrated Studies Portfolio Requirements:
● Portfolio of Creative and/or Scholarly Work (5-15 page max).
- Include an additional Cover Page with a list of contents.
- A portfolio including AT LEAST TWO of the following areas
• Original scholarly or analytic writing.
• Original creative writing (if using an excerpt of a larger piece, include a short synopsis/context of the complete work).
• Sample(s) of original visual work, design, drawing, photography, etc.
- The total of all submitted portfolio work combined cannot exceed the 15 page maximum. No preference is given to one
type of creative work over another.
PORTFOLIO OF CREATIVE AND/OR SCHOLARLY WORK: Important Information & Tips
As an Integrated Studies candidate, you have a great deal of leeway, provided you satisfy the basic requirements. Here are some additional tips:
● Be sure to combine the works into a single PDF.
● Include an additional COVER PAGE with a list of the portfolio's contents.
● ALL written and visual work you submit must be original, and should reflect who you are as a budding artist/scholar. Please do not include work that was co-authored or co-created with others.
● You may include samples of work you have done for a class, or documentation of creative work. You may submit new work, but it is not required to generate work specifically for this application.
● You may include an excerpt from a larger work. If you do so, please indicate that, and any other notation, on the COVER PAGE.
● If you choose to include a writing sample of a paper for which you received a grade, give us a clean draft (i.e., do not include your instructor's remarks or the grade).
● Longer is not necessarily better. Keep individual writing samples to under 5 pages. Leave us wanting more.
● Give thought to the selection and progression of the items you include. Include items that exhibit a range of theme, style, etc. Engage us.
If you have Interview/Audition questions, contact email@example.com for the quickest response, or (310) 206-4418. When leaving a message, please include your e-mail address.